Turn on or turn off data service or set roaming options
Depending on your wireless service plan, you might be able to turn off data service (email messages, PIN messages, MMS messages, and
browser service) on your BlackBerry® device so that only phone and SMS text messaging are available. You can also set your device to turn off
data services when roaming. For more information, contact your wireless service provider.
On the Home screen, click the Manage Connections icon.
2. Click Mobile Network Options.
3. Perform one of the following actions:
• To turn on or turn off data service, change the Data Services field.
• To turn on or turn off data service when roaming, change the While Roaming field.
• To receive a prompt when roaming that allows you to turn on or turn off data service, change the While Roaming field to Prompt.
4. Press the Menu key.
5. Click Save.
Wireless network coverage